Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
- Tony LaRussa has signed his first agent. He is now represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for speaking engagements [Business is sweet].
- CAA has also taken over representation for professional beach volleyball company, AVP [AVP ANNOUNCES NEW STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY].
- Tack on another 10 years for Coca-Cola to say it is the official nonalcoholic drink of NASCAR [Marketing partnership extended for 10 more years].
- Jimmie Johnson is looking for an agent, and I am not talking about the one time head coach turned football analyst. Jimmie Johnson, the very successful race car driver, has been meeting with some agencies and has narrowed his decision down to two: CAA and WMG.
- The Chicago Cubs quickly signed the hottest baseball import of winter, Kosuke Fukudome, just a day after he decided to leave Japan and go on a tour of MLB stadiums. Looks like his agent, Joe Urbon, was easily convinced by the 4-year deal [Japanese star Fukudome coming to Chicago to play for Cubs].
- Three MLB players will be going through with salary arbitration and may eventually have hearings if they don’t end up settled before February [Arbitration Deadline for Players].
- Here is a link to the Mitchell Report if you would like to read it in its entirety. My only comment is that I believe this will not hurt the business of baseball [The Mitchell Report].
- The Padres just gave NL Cy Young Award Winner, Jake Peavy, A $52 million 3-year extension; it is the biggest money deal in Padres history [Peavy’s 3-year, $52M deal largest in Padres history].
Jason Wulterkens’ most recent Primary Cut is the featured post of the week. Check it out on the right sidebar under Featured.
I am done with my first semester of law school and will be driving back home to Hollywood, FL today, where I will spend the next three weeks. I have a few books to read and review, so expect some Book Review posts in the near future.