The Super Bowl is only days away. People are already making their way to Arizona to start eating, drinking, and listening to athletes screw up on Media Day. I have received some information on a few events occurring in the Scottsdale region. Here they are:
- Why not start off the discussion by promoting a Super Bowl Blogger Party? The Official Deadspin Super Bowl Party will be going down at Zipps Sports Grill on January 31st. Arrive at 7:30PM if you want to speak to Leitch without him slurring his words.
- Wake up hungover and show off your style during the day on Feb. 1 at the Off The Field Fashion Show Extravaganza hosted by the Professional Football Players Wives Association. Donovan McNabb, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith and Steve Young will at the brunch, live auction and fashion show, and noon VIP reception. Lowest price for a ticket = $150. A celebrity table of 10 = $5,000.
- The Penthouse Desire Superparty is sure to be kicking it at night on Feb. 1. It will go down at the Venue of Scottsdale. There are only 1,000 tickets available to see Snoop Dogg and the Penthouse Pets while drinking as much liquor and eating as much food as possible. Tickets may run you at least $1,250 per person, though.
- The cast of Entourage will host a party at Myst nightclub on Feb. 1. Baby Bash and Adrian Grenier (one of the stars of Entourage) will perform. General admission will run you $150 per ticket and to get VIP you need to be willing to drop $300. Both types of tickets include complimentary drinks all night.
- Larry Johnson and Warren Sapp are among the hosts of the Friday Night Lights Party at Taste Ultra Lounge in Scottsdale on Feb. 1. Fabolous will be performing with DJ Clue and the DJ from Fall Out Boy spinning the tracks. General-admission tickets = $250. VIP tickets = $375. “Pro Bowl” Table Service = $3,500 (includes six general-admission tickets, two bottles of vodka and one bottle of champagne. “VIP Hall of Fame” Table Service = $5,000 (includes six VIP tickets, party favors, special security, three bottles of vodka and two bottles of champagne).
- The two hottest parties every year tend to be the Maxim and Playboy Superbowl parties. Maxim’s will be at the AAA Five-Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess resort on Feb. 1. Playboy’s will be held the following night, but refuses to divulge any information about venue or theme at this point. Expect to pay at least $2,000 per ticket to either party.
- CAA is throwing a Super Bowl party at the Mondrian Scottsdale on Feb. 2. Media and the public are not invited, so if you want to attend, you better be someone important or a member of the conglomerate agency.
There are plenty more parties being held in Arizona during Super Bowl weekend. The parties listed are some of the most exclusive events with the hardest tickets to find at a fair value (the Deadspin party is an exception). I personally went to the Playboy Super Bowl party a year ago at the AAA in Miami and it was one of the best parties I have ever attended. Here are the pictures from my experience last year. I hope to return to the event next year in Tampa.