It is a week like the week I just endured that should make you happy that you are not yet a law student, have no plans to be a law student, or have finished the damn three year process and are now a practicing attorney. Today I had a persuasive brief due about whether a post-operative transsexual should be allowed to sue based on the close relationship element of a negligent infliction of emotional distress bystander claim (sounds like fun, right?). Anyway, one more week until Spring Break hits. I will be doing some recruiting before I escape to Cozumel and Belize for a much needed break from school and work. Here are the stories I stubbornly skipped over:
- It would be tough for me to publish this Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up without mentioning that Bruce Pearl is “Jewish and proud” [Pearl takes Tenn. to the top].
- Chris Paul signed with Nike’s Jordan Brand and will be unveiling his first shoe on March 1st [Jordan Brand Launches First Signature Shoe For Chris Paul].
- Speaking of Jordan, I honestly do not think that even his endorsement will get me to buy a pair of Levi’s 501 jeans [Michael Jordan wants to touch my butt…and yours too!].
- Don @ With-Malice, put up my predictions for the 2008 NBA Finals. I took the Celtics over the Lakers, with a close eye on the Spurs [NBA Finals – History Repeats?].
- Canadian Universities may soon be incorporated into the NCAA [NCAA Goes International].
- The mega conglomerate known as IMG has just revealed plans to start a new sports league called SLAMBALL [IMG and Mike Tollin Productions Announce New Joint Venture to Create ‘SLAMBALL’ Sports League].
- Did you know that it was actually American Idol’s creator Simon Fuller and his agency called 19 Entertainment, who secured David Beckham his $250 million deal with the Los Angeles Galaxy? [Business lessons from David Beckham]
- Consequence of pleading guilty to bank fraud charges related to a $5 million counterfeit check scheme? Six months of home detention [Agent of Marion Jones sentenced in bank fraud case].