Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
Remember that little recruiting weekend that I was talking about right before Spring Break? Overall, it was very successful. However, unfortunately, one of the players being recruited will be signing with another agency. Such is life. Dynasty is continuing its effort to gain some basketball clients and may soon be announcing the signing of some new baseball clients. In fact, we just hired a new head of Dynasty baseball. The company also really looks to break out in football come next Summer. Anyway, Spring Break was a blast, but it is now time to get back to business. Here are some stories that I was unable to cover over the past week:
- Barry Bonds has a Blackberry that works. If you are an MLB GM, he will wait for your call, even if it comes midway through the 2008 season [Bonds: ‘I’m not going to retire’].
- DeAngelo Hall is going from one troubled team to another, but will surely enjoy his paycheck [Source: After trade to Raiders, Hall to get seven-year, $70 million deal].
- Unlike Hall, Les Miles decided to stick around his old team (albeit a much better team), and signed a new deal to coach LSU at a price of at least $3.751 million a year for 5 years [LSU, Miles agree on restructured five-year deal].
- Add the GM of the Cleveland Indians to the vocal sports community backing Obama [Showing support for Obama].
- Right alongside Scott Boras, Drew Rosenhaus is constantly covered by the media [Rosenhaus helps clients get dream and green].
- Leigh Steinberg continues his mission to make the world more green [Meet Minneapolis Names Leigh Steinberg Keynote Speaker for Annual Meeting].
- Interested in finding out where the AP Top 25 college basketball teams’ coaches publicly donate their money? [Top 25 BB coaches donate to… more hoops.]
This week’s featured post is Paul Schackman’s 3rd installment of his 2008 NFL Mock Draft. You can find it on the right hand column by clicking Featured.