On Wednesday of this week, I was elected President of the Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law Society (EASLS) at the University of Florida Levin College of Law. I am extremely excited about taking on the position and cannot wait to help plan next year’s UF Sports Symposium. Dynasty is continuing to grow and take care of its existing clients. We recently signed Dan Leatherman to a deal with the Winnipeg Goldeyes of the Northern League and are currently under discussions with a group of teams wishing to acquire the services of Gerard Haran. Law School finals are approaching. Last note: I will be going to Israel for the second consecutive year. I will tentatively be overseas from May 11-21. Here are some stories that I was not able to discuss over the past week:
- Look forward to VitaminWater commercials featuring LeBron James and Purple Jesus [Coca Cola Switches Drinks On Lebron, Adds Adrian Peterson].
- JaVale McGee, a standout Sophomore center from Nevada, is no longer a collegiate athlete after signing Roosevelt Barnes to represent him in this summer’s NBA Draft [Breaking News: JaVale McGee Enters Draft, Hires Agent Roosevelt Barnes].
- While I was getting a nice tan during Spring Break, Chad Burkart was busy covering the IMG World Congress of Sport in California [7th Annual IMG World Congress of Sport Conference hits the West Coast].
- Ricky Williams, Edgerrin James, and Troy Polamalu rejoice: You are allowed to rock your long dreds outside of your helmet for at least another year [Hair length proposal delayed until May; defensive helmet radios approved].
- Leigh Steinberg continues on his mission to make sports green. He is now working on forming a project called the Sporting Green Alliance [Mega-agent wants whole sports world to go ‘green’].
- Is Canseco going after A-Rod in his new book because A-Rod would not leave Boras to join Canseco when he was trying to start up as a sports agent? [Payback].
- Before Jenn Sterger became the famous Cowgirl, she wanted to be a sports agent [Jake (gladly) Takes on Jenn Sterger(FSU Cowgirl and Beautiful Rays fan)].
This week, we brought back one of our best columns: Interview With The Agent. Check out Samyr Laine’s interview with soccer agent, Max Eppel, by clicking on the Featured tab on the right sidebar.