If you missed my interview with Leigh Steinberg, I suggest you check it out. I am no longer a 1L! For those of you non-legal people, that means that I made it through the toughest year of law school. Hopefully, it will be all smooth sailing from here. I am back home in South Florida, where I will be working on Dynasty for the rest of this summer (minus a short trip to Israel from May 11-21). Picking the next two Dynasty interns is going to be close to impossible, but I am going to give it my best. Also, keep lookout for a HUGE change to the look of this site. I am working on a complete switch over to a new design, but it will take a while (expect it sometime at the end of May). Anyway, here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- I think it’s safe to say that basketball agent, Jeff Schwartz, is no longer invited to dinner at Lute Olson’s house [Blame agents and everyone else].
- Chances are you have never heard of this guy, but he just became the third highest paid offensive tackle in the NFL [Roos Gets $43 Million Extension From Titans].
- He must be a true sportsman, he’s the only player to win the award twice [Suns’ Hill Wins 2007-08 NBA Sportsmanship Award].
- The ladies are looking for some top notch endorsements too [Payback time for Danica Patrick and women's sports?].
- The 11th annual University of Kentucky Sports Marketing Academy is right around the corner. Too bad you can’t buy a ticket to it [Sports Marketing Academy Begins Second Decade].
- Taj Gibson stays, Davon Jefferson goes…to Arn Tellem…surprise…[Mixed News for USC Hoops Fans].
- Greece or United States? Kosta Koufos chooses red, white, and blue [Koufos to sign with agent, stay in draft].
- Okay forget about the individual announcements…here is your official 2008 Early Entry list. I hope the Miami Heat select Dnipro Maksym Vilkhovetskyi, who hails from the Ukraine. [2008 Official NBA Draft Early Entry List].
I am pretty much obligated to put the interview with Leigh Steinberg as the featured post of this past week. It was a great experience for me and hopefully a good read for all of you. Check it out by clicking on Featured, which is hanging around on the right sidebar.