Brand new layout to be released at some point tomorrow. Do not mind any site errors while I attempt to make the switch. Interview with BJ Armstrong, former NBA Champion and current NBPA agent at WMG scheduled to be posted first thing Tuesday morning. I returned from Israel after eleven full days and nights in the Holy Land. I probably received a total of thirty hours of sleep or less throughout the entire trip. Catching up on sleep, going through over three hundred new emails, reading over 1,000 recent sports clippings that I missed, talking to clients, etc have made my return quite interesting. Things are almost back to normal, but then again, when is my life ever normal? The MLB Amateur Draft is approaching. We look to make a small splash with that event. Here are some stories since May 16th that should be looked at:
- Want to enter the legal profession but have a desire to focus on sports? [Sports and the Law: The Summer Associate Experience].
- Jason Giambi wears a gold lamé, tiger-stripe thong to break hitting slumps [Bronx Cheer].
- For the first time ever, the top 200 MLB draft prospects will undergo drug testing prior to the draft [MLB Tests Draft Prospects].
- $8.75 guaranteed and the potential to reach $32.75 million…for a closer…not bad! [Royals Sign Closer Joakim Soria To Six-Year Extension].
- Early list of the top 100 prospects for next year’s NFL Draft [Top 100 Prospects for the 2009 NFL Draft].
- Let’s see if these guys step up their games even more this season [An Early Look At 2009 Free Agents].
- Steve Smith is looking to diversify his future [Smith scores gig as finances intern].
- Kobe Bryant may have bought his teammates watches for helping him win the MVP this year. Tom Brady thanks his fellow Patriots with a slightly nicer present [Dreamboat Bought Cars For His Linemen].
- The NBPA estimates that next year’s salary cap is will be $58.5 million, the luxury tax threshold will be $ 71 million, and the Mid-Level Exception – $5.55 million [Word on the Street: Rounding Up].
- Another media entity picks up on a story that we covered a long time ago. Ira Newble is a very thoughtful man [Lakers’ Newble opens NBA eyes to Darfur].
- Never discount the value of a high quality maple bat [Independent team deals pitcher for 10 maple bats].
No more updated featured posts on the right sidebar. You shall see why once the new layout is unveiled.