Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
How do you like the brand new layout? I have only received positive comments and am happy to provide you with this new and improved product. Apparently, SportsAgentBlog.com is valued at $80,348, but don’t worry, I have no plans of selling this site any time soon. Anyway, it was a huge week for Dynasty. Check out the latest Dynasty Notes for more info. Next week will be just as large, if not larger, with the occurrence of the 2008 MLB First-Year Player Draft. I will be away from my computer for much of the weekend because I am traveling to my father’s house to take care of him after a small surgery. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- WMA must have heard that I call Dynasty, Sports Agency 2.0 [William Morris, Media Execs Create ‘Agency 3.0’].
- The MLB draft is approaching…should the NBA be taking notes? [Building a better mouse-release]
- Clayton Kershaw is so hot right now [Dodgers Rookie Sensation Clayton Kershaw Signs Exclusive Collectibles Agreement With Steiner Sports].
- Freddy Adu Bids Hello To IMG [IMG Signs Freddy Adu].
- Derrick Rose to the Miami Heat? Perhaps BJ Armstrong will invite me to sit with him courtside for a game if Joey Dorsey truly has inside info [Draft Notes: The No. 1 question persists for Chicago].
- How many of these cheaper players will have their options picked up before July 1st? I’ll pay to see Chris Quinn somewhere else [NBA Teams Face Options Decisions].
- Kevin Mawae and Jay Feely are green with envy [Mawae: Big rookie contracts like Ryan’s ‘disheartening’].
- I am not buying this new intentional infliction of emotional distress claim [Clemens adds new claim to suit against McNamee].
- Back in 1992, Mitch Albom was being paid by the Detroit Free Press to knock down agents [Mitch flashback: Alan Trammell negotiated his own contract].
- Nice intentions, but I am full of doubt [WVU lawsuit against Rodriguez headed for mediation].