Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
I hope you are enjoying the NBA Finals; nothing like a classic match-up of Lakers vs. Celtics. You have Kobe vs. Pierce, a three-headed monster in Pierce, Garnett, and Jesus Shuttlesworth (Ray Allen), and who can forget the Shabbat Shalom favorite, Jordan Farmar? Why is he a favorite you may ask. Simply because Jordan Farmer has been to the Land of Milk and Honey (Israel) twice, has an Israeli step-father, and even considers himself a Jew. Did you ever have a doubt after looking at his shayna punim? (Non-Jews…go ask your Jewish friends what that means) After last night, the Lakers sure are in need of a miracle…Farmar to the rescue? Anyway, here are some stories I skipped over this past week so that you may enjoy them now:
- Agents should start making sure their clients are financially responsible [Why Athletes go broke?].
- Danilo Gallinari may want to stick in Italy if he thinks that NY and NJ are full of nice people [Jersey Or Bust].
- The Yankees are not afraid of Boras [Yankees Tap Agent Scott Boras’ Talent Pool In MLB Draft].
- 23rd overall pick, Allan Dykstra, accepted a $1.4 million signing bonus [Padres Agree To Terms With Thier Top Draft Pick, Plan Spending Spree In Dominican].
- T.O. is willing to pay the $769,120 he owes to the Eagles in cash…or even pennies [Terrell Owens to repay Eagles].
- Plaxico thinks he’s undervalued [Unhappy with deal, Burress refuses to practice; Shockey shows up].
- While one Will Smith is hoping to make some good money from Hancock the other Smith has secured himself at least $26 million over the next six years [Smith will receive $26 million guaranteed in new deal with Saints].
- Once Calvin Johnson’s NFL career is up, the PBA will be calling [Johnson rolls in tournament].
- It enhances sex, sports, and soon it will be found to increase your SAT score .