I had the honor of appearing on two radio shows this week. Maybe someday I will host my own down here in South Florida. Possibly even a TV gig? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Anyway, another exciting week has passed by. Lots of big pending news for the Dynasty family. One thing I can promise is the release of a new product and press release on Monday featuring a couple of our models. Look out for that! Here are some stories I passed over this past week:
- Who does not love when a player fights back from adversity to regain his old dominance? [Phils lock up closer Lidge with three-year, $37.5M extension].
- Let the bashing of the one-and-done rule resume [Lawyer says Arizona signee Jennings heading for Europe].
- When you lose a couple of key players, you have to spend [With Brand out of picture, Warriors reach verbal agreement with Maggette].
- India is far away from having a strong developmental system, but India’s Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has added basketball to its priority list [NBA Hopes to Make India Next Hoops Frontier].
- 5 years, $82 million, and the right to bang the boards alongside Samuel Dalembert [Sixers strengthen low post play, sign Brand to five-year deal].
- I would be thrilled with that amount of money after the expiration of my rookie contract, too [Agent says Bucks’ Bogut will sign 5-year, $72.5M extension].
- While J.J. is getting no love, another Blue Devil is [Maggette signs contract with Golden State].
- Ted Forstmann, IMG’s Chairman and CEO, is quite worried about the American economy [The Credit Crisis Is Going to Get Worse].
- CAA expands to provide services to soccer players and coaches [CAA Sports and International Soccer Agency Gestifute Create Global Partnership to Represent Top Talent, Including Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo and Head Coach Jose Mourinho].
- Yes, the BCS is being represented by IMG in its negotiations with television networks [BCS Enlists IMG for TV Negotiations].
- If you did not see last weekend’s Wimbledon final match between Nadal and Federer, you surely missed a spectacle. 18 swooshes in all [Nike Scores Big “Ad In” Win At Wimbledon].
One reply on “Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up”
[…] last weeks Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up on SportsAgentBlog.com, Darren found an article that described the emergence of American soccer. […]