Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
Summer is quickly winding down. I will be in Orlando this weekend at the Disney Wide World of Sports complex watching some of the next big basketball stars take the court. A week later, I’ll be back up in Gainesville, moving into a house right across from the law school and getting ready for my 2L year. This past week has been very exciting. Norm Duke won an ESPY, Dynasty signed a new Entertainment client, we are in discussions to sign another baseball client, information is starting to be sent overseas for the 8+ guys we are trying to place with a basketball team, etc. And I still love Jordan Farmar (in a totally heterosexual way). Here are some links I missed over the past week:
- The Nationals had no problem signing its top draft picks last year, but this year, no such luck thus far [Top Five Picks, Team at Odds Over Bonuses].
- Goodbye to a man who opened up a new market for agents recruiting foreign clients [Nomo’s impact hit Majors like a ‘tornado’].
- We’ve discussed buscones before. Here is one tied to our boy, Michael Inoa [Ties between Dominican prospects and bookie raise concerns for MLB].
- I am still not convinced that Gus is guilty [Despite smuggling conviction, agent has no regrets].
- The Vegas Summer League has experienced tremendous growth [Summer League on firm ground].
- Is there a higher valued position player than a superstar point guard right now? [Report: Jazz, Williams agree to four-year, $70M extension].
- adidas better get ready to send me a pair [Bulls’ Rose gets shoe deal].
- The other Long has signed, meaning that the top 4 picks are with their respective teams for the start of training camp [Rams first-round pick Long agrees to six-year deal].
- Jason Taylor to the Redskins…Jeremy Shockey to the Saints. Two of my favorite players no longer playing for my favorite teams.
- Brian Urlacher has the potential to make $43.5 million between now and when he turns 35-years-old [Sources: Urlacher to get raise with revised contract].
- The Chargers are showing a lot of faith in someone who is injury prone [Chargers DE Castillo gets $43M in 5-year extension].