Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
Lots of football and basketball on the Shabbat dinner table this week. You won’t be hearing much from me this weekend, as I am packing up for my move back to Gainesville for the 2nd year law school experience. On Sunday, I will be making the trek back up to the #1 Party School in the nation. Today is a Dynasty client’s birthday, and it is a big one. Happy 21st birthday to Danielle Wolfe. I wish you a ton of future success. And I believe that the whole world will be hearing about you shortly. As for stories I missed this past week…
- For that kind of money, the Bears have to be thinking that Hester can be more than a kick/punt returner [Bears agree to new four-year deal with Hester].
- The Panthers have a nice track record of getting their draft picks signed before camp [Stewart last draft choice to sign with Panthers].
- Lots of performance clauses in this one [Gholston’s contract with Jets includes $21M in guaranteed money].
- Derrick Harvey wants a Gholston-sized contract [Holdout by DE Harvey could linger].
- Rashard will be able to earn back the money that he lost when robbed, and then some [Steelers sign No. 1 pick Mendenhall].
- A nine-year deal seems a little excessive to me too [Urlacher says 9-year deal was a mistake].
- J.E. Skeets of Yahoo! Sports says Ron Artest is ice cold [Carnival of the NBA #58: Will Ferrell edition].
- Nothing like taking an $8 million shot in the dark [Dumars: Brown agrees to two-year deal with Pistons].
- Seems like a fair price for a guy who consistently racks up double doubles [Okafor, Bobcats agree to 6-year, $72 million deal].
- Darren Rovell takes a shot at guessing which brands will be securing the feet of the class of 2008 [NBA Rookie Shoe Deals?]
- Could a quick fix of the Mid-Level Exception prevent a future Josh Childress from going overseas? [The NBA Salary Cap and Josh Childress and Fixing the Mid Level Exemption]
- Last year’s leader in field goal shooting % is locked up with the Warriors for at least the next five years [Warriors re-sign C Biedrins to 6-year, $62M deal].
- My buddy Jason Levien can now relax for a bit [Forward thinking for Bulls: Deng in].