The University of Florida is closed all because of this silly Tropical Storm Fay, yet my power has not gone out once, and I live in a house that is five thousand years old. Tomorrow night, my house will be hosting a Fall Welcome Back party. Sorry for those of you not in Gainesville. Dynasty is in the process of welcoming in a new intern class. 2L classes start on Monday. In case you were wondering, my courses are as follows: Estates & Trusts, Evidence, Elections and Campaign Finance Law, Labor Law, and Child Support Enforcement Law (don’t ask). Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Was Bolt’s early celebration a strategic move to set up future endorsement earnings? [Bolting to The Bank?]
- Peyton Manning used an exclamation mark in his petition [Peyton Petitions to Make Football an Olympic Sport].
- The Hey! Nielsen’s Olympic Trivia Challenge ends on Monday [Trivia Challenge].
- A look into what the MLB free agent market landscape may look like this offseason [Bullish or Bearish on Free Agents?].
- Milan is beautiful and there are tasty cookies there too. Marbury is interested, case closed [Stephon Marbury still plans to play in Milan].
- Isn’t our economy supposed to be a lot stronger than Russia’s? [Ex-Hornet Pargo signs one-year, $3.5 million contract with Russian club].
- All along, I thought Ben Gordon would be the most likely player to go overseas after Childress made his declaration [Gordon thinks he will be traded, also considers playing in Europe].
- Shawn Kemp finds a place to play, too [Italy Gains Custody of Several Hundred Out of Wedlock Children].
- Tom Crean will get $23.6 million+ as long as he doesn’t pull a Kelvin Sampson [Crean signs deal with Hoosiers that’s worth $23.6 million over 10 years].
- An extended regular season could mean more money per year for players [NFL owners looking at extending season].