Which Law School Breeds Success?
Should I go to law school? What law school should I go to? Should I go to a law school that has a sports law specialty? What should I Major in at my undergraduate institution? Do my Minors matter?
Those are some of the most common questions that I receive by email, even though all of those queries have been answered on this blog and its accompanying Forum. Yesterday, Sports Law Blog further backed my common answer, which is that there really is none at all.
The most successful agents have attended a variety of law schools. Some are in the top tier, others you may have never heard of before. A few have decent Sports Law programs while others do not even have a single Sports Law class (like my lovely UF Law). See this list that I compiled with the help of our extensive database of interviews along with some additional research:
- Ben Dogra (CAA Football) – St. Louis University Law School
- Scott Boras (Boras Corp) – McGeorge School of Law
- Arn Tellem (WMG) – University of Michigan Law School
- Drew Rosenhaus (Rosenhaus Sports) – Duke University School of Law
- Paul Sheehy (Pro Star) – Whittier College School of Law
- Rick Walden (Dishon & Walden) – University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Steve Kauffman (Kauffman Sports Management) – University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Mark Steinberg (IMG Golf) – University of Illinois College Of Law
- Steve Herz (IF Management) – Vanderbilt University School of Law
- David Canter (DEC Management) – University Of Miami School Of Law
- Kevin Gold (Longsnap.com) – Widener University School of Law
- Scott Casanover (MAC Sports & Entertainment) – Washington University School of Law
- Peter Webb (Gaylord Sports Management) – New York Law School
- Jim Kuzmich (GAAMES) – University of Oklahoma-College of Law
- Max Eppel (MESA) – Court School of Law (England)
- Leigh Steinberg – UC Berkeley Boalt School of Law
- David Falk – George Washington University Law School
- Rob Pelinka – University of Michigan Law School
- Tom Condon (CAA Football) – University of Baltimore Law School
- Eugene Parker (Maximum Sports) – Valparaiso University School of Law