Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up
I am heading up to Winston-Salem, NC today (a lovely 8+ hour drive) and will be attending Chris Paul’s PBA Celebrity Invitational tomorrow at the AMF Major League Lanes. I am going in support of Dynasty‘s client, Tommy Jones, who will be paired up with Miami’s own Dwyane Wade and I will be meeting up with Dynasty’s Director of Bowling, Bruce Falcon. At this point, I know that Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James will be taking part in the festivities along with the five previously announced PBA bowlers. It should be a great experience. I plan on getting a bunch of calls out to potential baseball clients on the long drive up to NC.
- For not having much of a track record at this point (and losing to Colorado last night), Bill Stewart signed one hell of a contract [Despite ECU upset, West Virginia’s Stewart inks six-year deal].
- You have to like a guy who can legitimately play the 1 or 2 position in the NBA [Cavs re-sign restricted free agent West to multiyear deal].
- Beasley does not want to talk about the Chalmers/Arthur incident, that apparently he was also involved in [Miami’s Beasley Fined].
- NBA players felt the stock market shockwave this week, too [$100 million in NBA wealth nuked in one day?].
- Looks like you are going to be dealing with Mr. Epstein in the future if you have any clients on the Red Sox [GM Epstein, Red Sox near agreement on contract extension].
- As an athlete, you can never be too careful in this day-and-age [Athletes’ ‘images’ always at risk: Nowhere to hide in this high-tech age].