Want to really appreciate life, at least for a day? Then try to fast from sun-down one day to sun-down the next. Me and my Jewish brethren (including Ryan Braun, Kevin Youkilis, and others) finished accomplishing that feat last night. Nothing beats the break-fast meal. I am back home in South Florida for the weekend, enjoying some time with my family and young dog, Mushu. I’ll be back up to Gainesville on Sunday, but in the meantime, will be relaxing, working out, and reading enough law school material to not fall too far behind. Here are some stories I missed this past week:
- Think you have what it takes to run Darren Rovell’s blog over at CNBC? [Write My Blog Contest--Your Chance To Blog Right Here!]
- Divorced athletes and their child support options [Negotiating The Professional Athlete’s Child Support Obligations].
- Something makes me think endorsers are just going to love this new column…[Endorsement "Fraud" Central].
- Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, and Dell Computers? [CAA hired to upgrade Dell].
- They want $100 million collectively for the use of their likeness [More than 2,000 former players sue NFLPA].
- After all the Redick speculation, he remains a part of the Magic [Magic pick up option on guard Redick].
- No matter where you go overseas, the people sweat Kobe [Dwyane Wade’s jersey drops in popularity in Europe].
- Michael Brantley was recently acquired by the Cleveland Indians in the C.C. Sabathia trade. His agent, Josh Kusnnick spoke about the trade and life as an agent in a recent radio interview [Smoke Signals].