Taking a break from studying for the MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination), which is a part of the bar exam that every future lawyer must take to become accredited. It should not be all that difficult, but it is two weeks away and I might as well get ready for it. Meanwhile, three hours south of me, the best high school baseball players in the nation are participating in the World Wood Bat Tournament. If the weather is anything down in Jupiter, FL like it is here in Gainesville, agents and scouts will be disappointed in how wet their nice new fabrics and radar guns are getting. Anyway, best of luck to the high school guys down there, and hopefully some of them think about Dynasty when their time comes. It’s homecoming weekend here at UF…let the Gator Growl! Here are some stories I missed over this past week:
- Get your learn on at San Diego State University [Dennis Green Ready To Rant In The Classroom].
- Not stingy, but is it a smart move before you even see the guy in silver and blue? [WR Williams signs 5-year, $45 million deal with Dallas Cowboys].
- Keeping up with Reggie Bush [Bush changes course on legal counsel].
- Kudos to a Gator alum who has found Oakland to be a nice home [Oakland 2B Ellis agrees to re-sign with multiyear contract]. Some think that he is being underpaid [Sandbagging Mark Ellis].
- Negotiating with the Cubs? Expect to deal with Jim Hendry for a while [Cubs reward general manager Hendry with four-year extension].
- Spending money does not necessarily lead to a successful record [2008 MLB Salary Report Card].
- Interview with Steve Fortunato, who used to work as VP or Mktg. for Scott Boras [Jimmy Scott’s High & Tight: The Steve Fortunato Interview]. The same site also gave SportsAgentBlog.com and Dynasty some props [Want To Be A Sports Agent?].
- An extra incentive for the young Rays to play their hearts out [World Series: Young Tampa Bay Rays appreciate playoff cash].