At home this weekend against The Citadel, away next week against FSU, and then the SEC Championship vs. Alabama. Can the Florida Gators pull it off and return to the National Championship game? If so, it will be in my backyard of Miami, Florida. Dynasty is real happy about Dan Leatherman re-signing with the Nats. We had a couple of football players try out with an AFL1 team this week. Check out our new Oklahoma-based model on the Entertainment side of the company. Studying for Finals has officially begun. I register for Spring semester classes on Tuesday. It is hard to believe that I am almost half way through law school. Here are some links for stories that I missed over the past week:
- HHR continues its excellent interview series with young sports entrepreneurs by talking to Yardbarker’s Marketing Coordinator, Diana Iakoubova [So You Want to Work in Sports?: Diana Iakoubova, Marketing Coordinator, Yardbarker Network].
- Jimmie Johnson = Roger Federer of NASCAR? [Why isn’t Jimmie Johnson more marketable?]
- Brandon Jennings has a blog [When in Rome].
- $52 million for a 17-game winner [Cubs, Dempster agree to four-year contract].
- Dustin Pedroia is counting down the days until he is arbitration eligible [An MVP Season for the Bargain Basement Price of $457K].
- The MLBPA tightens its grip on agents when it comes to arbitration [Union requires pre-arbitration update].
- Should we start taking this kind of speak seriously? [Berthelsen predicts lockout in court testimony]
- About a dozen candidates remain in the search to replace the late Gene Upshaw [NFLPA narrows search for next executive director].