It’s direct competition with the UF Sports Law Symposium only because it will be held on the same day. But at the same time, it is on the complete opposite side of the country, and I doubt that many people on the west coast will be traveling all the way to Florida for our event. Thus, I bring you information about the University of Oregon’s “Sports Business and the Law” conference.
What: University of Oregon’s “Sports Business and the Law” conference
Where: University of Oregon – Portland’s White Stag Block, 70 NW Couch St. Click here for map.
When: January 23 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Law of Sports Leagues
- Sports Business In-House Counsel
- Athletic Associations and Legal Compliance
- Agents, Contracts and Negotiation
- Mike Fennell; General Counsel, Portland Trail Blazers
- Cara Frey; VP of Bus. And Legal Affairs, Professional Bowlers Association
- Larry Miller; President, Portland Trail Blazers
- Karen Spencer; General Counsel, NIKE Golf
- Greg Nared; Principal, Greg Nared Agency
- David Mondress; Senior VP of Basketball Operations, BDA Sports Management
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook; President, Sport Management Worldwide
Cost: General admission to the event is $40, and student admission is $15. Register by January 21.