I am back in Gainesville after having spent a couple of days in Tampa. I had some very successful meetings and networking opportunities. The parties were not so bad either. Anyway, it is good to be back. The past few days have been full of rain and now a cold front is supposed to move in. Kevin Grant is doing real well training for his Pro Day down in South Florida and Rulon Davis has been busy training hard for the Texas vs. The Nation game, which will be on CBS College Sports at 1 p.m. tomorrow. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- All-Star game performance > Combine performance? [NFL draft prospects putting the final pieces in place]
- I’m also a big fan of Larry Fitzgerald…okay, I’ve joined the Cardinals bandwagon [Fitzgerald’s Dad Has Him Covered].
- Can my synagogue book Kurt Warner to speak to us…please? [Disney, milk marketing deals in line for Cardinals’ Kurt Warner]
- Big Ben will be commanding some deals, as well [As Super Bowl nears, advertisers show renewed interest in Roethlisberger].
- Troy Vincent vs. Trace Armstrong for next NFLPA Executive Director? [Players favor Vincent]
- A push for watching bowling on Sundays [Life After Football Pt. 1].
- A huge win for both sides [Royals lock up young ace Greinke].
- $10 million for a guy who has a strong ability to strike out batters [Jimenez, Rockies agree on deal].
- I like the buyout clauses [Source: D-backs, Garland agree to deal].