This past Monday was my 24th birthday. I’m not sure that I have fully recovered from the festivities. The new Amazon Kindle 2 is out. Fill out some brackets, win a trip to Maui. Another take on Phelps/A-Rod damage control. Check back in on Monday, as we will be launching a new Dynasty video. Valentines Day is tomorrow? Anyone have anything really novel planned out to impress their significant other? Make sure to check out the new NFL Draft Special tab on the main page. Brandon Thorn is doing a great job keeping his columns updated regularly. Been using Twitter a lot more. Go ahead and start following my account. Here are some stories I missed during the week:
- I know the guy wants to start, but $14 mil+ to potentially be a back-up? Hot damn! [Cassel to make $14.65M next season]
- Alvin Keels and Global Management Group now represent potential #1 overall pick, Andre Smith [Andre Smith hires an agent… it’s Alvin Keels].
- The CBA could continue next year, but only if it doubles in size [Continental Basketball Association Confronts an Uncertain Future].
- Shaq’s on Twitter and so am I (add me!) [Shaquille O’Neal Puts Up Some Impressive New Media Numbers].
- Will basketball ever rival soccer on an international scale? [NBA Game Keeps Growing]
- As long as everyone still loves each other… [Phils’ Howard agrees on 3 years, $54M].
- I like how Navarro’s agent handled the press after losing the arbitration hearing [Navarro to earn $2.1 million].
- Players lead 2-1 in arbitration cases [Uggla wins arbitration with Marlins].
- I don’t agree with the statement, “His endorsement career is over.” [Outlook grim for A-Rod as endorser]
- Never been a Dunn fan. His batting average scares me [Nats punch up lineup with Dunn].