Skip to the content
- Anyone know how many kickers have been franchised in the NFL’s history? The Cincinnati Bengals just tagged Shayne Graham and he will receive a nice 1-year stipend of $2.483 million.
- The New York Giants will pay Brandon Jacobs $25,000 per pound on his body ($6.6 million).
- Leroy Hill and the Seattle Seahawks are happy about Leroy getting franchised and believe that a long-term deal is in his future. Rare to see both sides happy when a player gets tagged.
- The Carolina Panthers put the franchise tag on Julius Peppers; however, I honestly don’t think we will see Peppers in Carolina blue next year. Expect a trade.
- Terrell Suggs, aka Sizzle, has been tagged by the Ravens. Will the team be able to keep Sizzle and Ray Ray (Lewis)?
- Former Florida Gator, Max Starks, was tagged by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Loved Darren Sproles at Kansas State and happy that the San Diego Chargers franchised him.
- And who can forget the Patriots early tag of Matt Cassel, who as a possible back-up, will receive $14.65 million next year?