What: Symposium: Resiting the Recession: Growth Opportunities for Sports in an Economic Downturn..
Where: Harvard Law School. See map.
When: Friday, March 13, 2009 – 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 14, 2009 – 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 4:00-5:00 pm: Keynote Speech by Andrew Zimbalist
- 5:00-6:30 pm: Panel on New Stadiums
- Moderator: Peter Carfagna, Partner, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP (Cleveland, OH) Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School
- Marc Edelman, Visiting Assistant Professor, Rutgers School of Law
- Derek Jackson, Vice President & General Counsel, Florida Marlins
- Damon Jones, Vice President / Club Counsel, Washington Nationals
- Andy Lee, Principal, ALL Counsel & Consulting, Former General Counsel, New York Jets
- Mike Lufrano, Senior Vice President, Community Affairs/General Counsel, Chicago Cubs
- Allan G. Mutchnik, Partner, Skadden, Arps (Los Angeles)
- 6:30-8:30 pm: Reception
- 10:30 am-12:00 pm: Panel on New Media
- Moderator: Rick Karcher, Associate Professor, Center for Law and Sports at Florida Coastal School of Law
- Bob Bowman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Major League Baseball Advanced Media LP
- Frank Hawkins, Partner, Scalar Media
- Mike Mellis, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Major League Baseball Advanced Media LP
- Bryan Perez, Senior Vice President and General Manager, NBA Digital
- Mike Zarren, Assistant Executive Director of Basketball Operations/Associate Counsel, Boston Celtics
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm: Lunch & Speech by Jeff Pash (Executive Vice President, National Football League)
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm: Panel on New Markets
- Moderator: Michael McCann, Associate Professor of Law, Vermont Law School, Legal Analyst and Si.com Columnist, Sports Illustrated, Co-Founder, Harvard Law School Project on Law and Mind Sciences
- Rob Friedrich, NBA China
- Eric Nyquist, Managing Director of Business Development, NASCAR
- Jon Oram, Partner, Proskauer Rose
- Jim Renacci, Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee, Arena Football League
Cost: Free for everybody; however, if you want to attend the reception and lunch, you must register prior to the event. Register here.