Last week, I had a great conversation with super-agent, Matt Sosnick. It’s guys like Matt that make you once again appreciate the business of representing athletes after you discover that there are those out there who make it their life’s work to try to steal your clients (I won’t mention any names, but I recently came across a guy who makes his living trying to poach others’ clients). Anyway, it was a pleasure speaking to Sosnick, who was once an Interview with the Agent subject.
Some quick notes on Matt Sosnick:
- Many of his clients have tattooed his company’s logo on their bodies [All Tatted Up].
- He is a partner at Sosnick & Cobbe Sports – http://www.sosnickcobbesports.com/
- Jerry Crasnick of ESPN wrote a book about his journey as a sports agent – License to Deal
- He never went to law/grad school.
- He has received a lot of criticism on this site for multiple statements advising people not to try to break into this industry.
- He is not afraid to give an interview…even to blogs [Sosnick Speaks].
- Or to students at UC Santa Barbara [Matt Sosnick Speaks At UCSB].
The reason that I am asking you to read up on Matt is because he has volunteered to field your questions. All you have to do is email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It can be about any subject matter, all you have to do is label the subject of the email, Matt Sosnick Question. You have until midnight on Wednesday to send over your questions. Sosnick is excited for your questions.