Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (3/13/09)
I took a short vacation to Key West earlier this week, although as we all know, there is no vacation when you run a company. It was still very enjoyable to get away for a little bit, and I came back with a pretty decent tan. Akron’s Pro Day is this coming Wednesday. Dynasty represents both Kevin Grant, ILB and Andrew Johnson, RB. We have lofty expectations for the two gentlemen and believe they are going to blow away the scouts in attendance. Grant already has a personal workout lined up with the Redskins before the draft. Our boys are looking good in Spring Training. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Gary Wimsett expands his online presence and has a great interview with Jens Pulver [No Rest for the Wicked: Jens Pulver Fights for the Little Guy].
- Jason Belzer looks at some young college coaches who have tons of talent [Young Guns: 3 Top Under-the-Radar College Assistants].
- From WMA to IMG [Wie to get ‘fresh start’ with IMG].
- The last of the big-name inside linebacker free agents has been signed [Peterson, Falcons ink deal].
- A $16.6 million pay cut for the former #1 overall pick [Smith reworks last 2 years of deal].
- Nothing that $100 million can’t fix, right? [Haynesworth indicted on traffic charges]
- Do Trace Armstrong’s connections to CAA have you concerned about him being a candidate? [Contentious campaign, critical vote for NFLPA’s top job]
- It only keeps getting worse for Alvin Keels. I cannot imagine the amount of stress he is under [Alabama’s Tubby, Shirtless Wonder, Andre Smith].
- Bruce Ciskie has doubts about Bus Cook [Is Bus Cook a Troublemaker?]
- One of those “great stories” [Lester lands five-year extension with Red Sox].