What: Sports Symposium – Head To Head: How Much Do You Really Know About Concussions
Where: Franklin Pierce University Fieldhouse
When: April 24 – 6 p.m.
- Chris Nowinski – Sports Legacy Institute
- Dr. Ann McKee – Associate Professor of Neurology & Pathology Director, Neuropathology Core Boston University School of Medicine
- Steve Bushee – Boston College Assistant Athletic Director, Director of Sports Medicine
- Dr. Grayson Kimball – AAASP-certified sport psychology consultant and has been working with Getpsychedsports.org as a sport psychology educational consultant
- Dr. Vincent Ferrara – Founder and CEO of Xenith, a company dedicated to advancing safety and activity through innovation and education.
Discussion: Topics relating to mild traumatic brain injury such as prevention, diagnosis, second impact syndrome, post concussion syndrome, treatment, and psychology of sports. Head To Head is taking place in the aftermath of recent tragedies related to head injuries. Attendees will become educated on mild traumatic brain injuries and the possible effects of sustaining a head injury in sports.
Franklin Pierce University welcomes media representatives from print, Web, radio and TV to cover this event. Interviews will be available before and after the presentation by prior arrangement.