I am back up in lovely Gainesville, FL. No matter if you are in Miami, Gainesville, or anywhere else in the state, you better get used to summer weather. Blistering heat until 2-3 p.m., then at least a couple of hours of thunderstorms. Such is life. I am back to taking classes and working very hard on our current clients, plus our prospects in both baseball and basketball. Last week I went to open tryouts for the new Lingerie Football League. It was fun to watch and definitely is an interesting concept with a novel compensation structure for its players. Hey, if it grows to be large enough, perhaps some of the hard hitting ladies will need some good representation. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Largest increase in 3 years. And I predict a new CBA will be signed before the start of next season [Final adjustment increases salary cap].
- Sheldon Brown deserves more money, but who told him to sign a 9-year deal when he was 25-years-old? [The Early Extension of Young Players’ Contracts].
- The guy has made a lot of money for his clients.. [Drew Rosenhaus, good or evil for the NFL??].
- My man, Kevin Sullivan, gives his advice to the Vick Camp [The PR campaign: A four-point plan for Vick].
- And Adam Ostrow of Mashable.com has some ideas of his own [Can Social Media Help Repair Michael Vick’s Image?].
- King James makes roughly $25 million a year from endorsements alone (including a nice deal with Bubblicious) [NBA AM: LeBron James Staying Put].
- Shaq is serious about a career in broadcasting [IT’S ALL SHAQ-ADEMIC].
- What do you think about Danica Patrick’s new Twitter campaign? [Danica Patrick, Twitter, and Sponorships].