Back in Sunny South Florida (as if Gainesville did not feel like 120 degrees this past week). I’ll be down here for a week and change. I have some business matters to take care of, and the usual standard doctors/dentist visit. It’s always nice to spend some time with family as well. The baseball division keeps growing, and we are beginning to prepare ourselves for 2010 and beyond. We have a brand new Baseball Advising Package that we will be unveiling soon. I find no reason to keep it hidden. I continue to have daily discussions with our agents overseas about some of our basketball clients (not all of them are listed on the website). Just been very busy. Excited for my final year of law school. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Florida Marlins are only spending $27mil more than the absolute minimum [Minimum Salary].
- Travis Snider should be with the Blue Jays, but arbitration stands in the way [Super Two Update: Maybin, Snider].
- Leigh Steinberg sits on the board of directors for Myron Rolle’s nonprofit foundation [Call him a Rolle model: Former Florida State player Myron Rolle a scholar and an athlete].
- Awesome use of $4,000 [A Charitable Chain Reaction].
- $5.8 million guaranteed per year = elite guaranteed money [Eli Manning: Elite Quarterback?]
- Twitter allows sports agents the power to shape their messages exactly how they want it to come across [Breaking News on Twitter].
- A talented FEMALE college basketball player leaves school early to play overseas [College Star Epiphanny Prince leaves NCAA for Europe].
- Attorney, former NFL Asst. General Counsel, former sports agent, former General Counsel of Upper Deck…[The David Cornwell Chronicles: A (Semi) Regular Look at Sports and the Law].