The website, Hoopsworld, is on a mission to list the top 55 most influential people/groups in the sport of basketball. Yesterday, the site began the rankings by revealing #36-55. Seven agents are listed in that group; however, the site does put Leon Rose and Henry Thomas in the same slot. Here are the agents who are bringing up the rear in this very exclusive group of “influencers”:
- #51 – Lon Babby, Partner, Williams & Connolly
- #49 – Andy Miller, President and Founder ASM Sports
- #48 – Aaron Goodwin, CEO of Goodwin Sports Management
- #45 – Bill Duffy, Founder, BDA Sports
- #44 – Mark Bartelstein, CEO and Founder, Priority Sports
- #38 – Leon Rose and Henry Thomas, Creative Artists Agency
Obviously this list is highly subjective. I have no problem with the way that the agents are ranked in this grouping. The only question I have is whether Duffy might deserve a higher spot. Like him or not, the guy has had a very strong influence on basketball.