Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (9/18/09)
One of the biggest weekends of the year in Gainesville, FL. While Tennessee looked pretty weak against UCLA, the Gators should never take them for granted. HHR looks at arguments for both teams. Happy Rosh Hashanah to all my Jewish people! Leigh Steinberg will be on the new Jewish Sports Hall of Fame of Northern California Wall of Fame. How about my client, Pete Parise? He has appeared in all 5 of the AAA Memphis Redbirds postseason games, racking up 4 saves in the process without giving up a single run. I’m just a little excited about that. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Another great piece by Doug Glanville. He is turning out to be an excellent writer [Keeping It Real].
- Tank Black tells his story for the first time [Tanked!].
- A football agent’s life, month by month [The agent cycle].
- Jake Delhomme isn’t losing his endorsement deals anytime soon [He can throw; can he pitch?].
- Put a client on a practice squad before sending him to the Browns? Harsh [Sources: Agents steering players away from Browns].
- The Patriots were the driving force behind the 5-year maximum length of rookie contracts drafted #17-32 overall [Patriots’ role in altered CBA ‘clarified’].
- He’s playing an agent on a show girls love [Interview with Robert Buckley, The New Ladies’ Man on ‘One Tree Hill’].
- From the geek at the sports network to the cool guy at the business network [Darren Rovell: CNBC’s Multi-Beat, Multi-Platform Game-Changer].