We are one week into the Jewish New Year. I hope everyone had a fantastic Rosh Hashanah. Now comes the fun holiday…Yom Kippur begins on Sunday night. Load up on those carbs before sundown! I am down in South Florida for the weekend. I’m enjoying it with my family and girlfriend. I’ll also stop by and hang out with Pete Parise for a bit. I have a surprise for him now that he finished his fantastic season. I’m hoping that the Gators can remain undefeated and that the Fins will pick up their first win. Wishful thinking the second half of that sentence. Anyway, here are some stories I missed over the past week.
- Giles used to represent Davis Love III and Tom Kite [Vinny Giles, 66, wins Senior Amateur at Beverly Country Club].
- Andre Smith’s “Superman” clauses remind many of the contract Leland Hardy negotiated for Ricky Williams [Smith’s contract reminiscent of Williams’ pact].
- Fans may want their teams to lose in the first round of next year’s playoffs [What Free Agency Will Look Like in an Uncapped Year: The Final Eight Plan].
- On drugs, document fraud, and skimming/kickbacks – fantastic piece [Dominican baseball prospects frequently play fast and loose with the rules].
- Pay closest attention to Rick Johnson’s words [NCAA cracks down on baseball advisers].
- Unfiltered messages from high profile athletes has its potential consequences [Social Media and the NBA].