So how about my Florida Gators? And while we are on the subject of football, my home-team Miami Dolphins looked mighty impressive on Monday night. I went bowling this week, and my high score in two games was 178…not too bad for someone who rarely hits the lanes. Jason Belmonte, my newest bowling client, will have his brand new website unveiled by the end of next week. I have received a few previews, and it is coming along great. We are working on really establishing our Entertainment Division at Dynasty over the next year. May have some updates on that end, very soon. Homecoming weekend in Gainesville…Let the Gator Growl! Here are some stories I missed over the past week.
- I especially like change #2 and #3 offered by Fatsis [Health Care Reform … for the N.F.L.].
- A lot of praise for Greg Jennings’ contract, negotiated by Eugene Parker [Under the Cap: Top Ten Wide Receivers].
- What to do when your client tells you he wants out [How agents manipulate trades].
- Salary cap = increased parity = maximizing revenue? [Time for a salary cap, Major League Baseball?]
- Has Billy Beane passed the torch to Dan O’Dowd? [The True ‘Moneyball’ GM]
- English football agents compare Jerry Maguire to the real thing [A look back to 1997 and agents talk about Jerry Maguire].
- Gillispie wanted $6 million, but he accepted less in order to avoid what could have been a very long battle in court [UK settles with Gillispie for $2.98 million].