Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (11/6/09)
Come to SportsAgentBlog.com at 1:00 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 9. We will be running a contest with some giveaways that you won’t want to miss. The Gators finally showed their skill last weekend. Next up, Vandy. It is also my fraternity’s Alumni Weekend. It will be nice to see many of the guys I spent a lot of time with as an undergrad. I turned in a 24-page paper today. It was chock full of footnotes (92 total to be exact). I will be adding to it over the next week and then most likely submitting it to a few law reviews. It is concerning the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), which is basically an anti-sports betting statute. It’s much more than that, but I guess that is why I was able to discuss it in 24-pages. Anyway, I am glad to have that monkey off of my back. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- A job very well done by Red Bull [Red Bull’s Project X = Sports Marketing Idea of the Year].
- Maybe not the world just yet, but starting off at the high school level is a good strategy [Can Under Armour, IMG Take the World By Storm?].
- St-Pierre t0 serve as the face of Under Armour’s Underwear [Under Armour signs UFC champ Georges St-Pierre to multi-year endorsement deal].
- I actually just yesterday had this discussion with somebody [End of the Day, Live Events Make Sports, Brands, King…].
- A little baseball trademark law conversation [Wide world of ‘Series’].
- No sense of urgency on the part of the owners [League rejects “lock-in” bargaining proposal].
- A two-paragraph statement that included no explanation – bothers me [Bryant loses final appeal].
- BJ Armstrong answers a few questions while promoting the launch of Windows 7 [An Interview with BJ Armstrong].