It has been a very busy week. After concluding the 2010 UF Sports Law Symposium, it was time to take a day off and relax a bit. Then right back to work. Pete Parise is over in Venezuela representing Puerto Rico in the Serie del Caribe 2010, also known as the Caribbean World Series. He continues to pitch extremely well in important situations. Brandon Brown was not enjoying his move to BC Suduva (in Lithuania), so yesterday we found him a new home in Poland with Kotwica Kolobrzeg SA. We are in talks to add a big name women’s MMA fighter to our client roster and also have been in discussions with a producer who is interested in licensing Buster Douglas’ likeness (in addition to other things) for a potential movie. South Florida has been a blast, and the parties are not yet over. How about UF’s recruiting class? Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Great stuff here about revenue sharing. Also check out the agents leading the 3+ year free agent deals [Early warning for potential labor unrest].
- A good case is made that teams benefit quite a bit from the arbitration process [Debunking Salary Arbitration Myths – Part 1].
- The new agreement will last until 2013 [Officials pass new Winter League agreement].
- Arn Tellem is not fond of trade-demand fines [A Fine Mess].
- It sure seems like DeBartolo has lost a lot of clients in the past year [Smith looking for new contract with new agent].
- If you do not see your name on this list, you will not be participating at the combine [Official Invite List].
- Always nice to get pre-draft deals [Nike Inks Ex-Nebraska Defensive Lineman Ndamukong Suh].
- Ludacris, Hines Ward, Lamarr Woodley, Jack Del Rio, along with Dynasty’s Jason Belmonte and Norm Duke [Sunday’s Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational Features A-List Lineup].