I am down in South Florida yet again (it seems to be a rather normal occurrence in my final semester of law school. Tomorrow, I will be speaking at the 3rd Annual Nova Southeastern University Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium. The panel runs from 2:20 p.m.-3:10 p.m. and its focus is on Athletes Overcoming Their Indiscretions. I’ll be around for a little bit before the panel, so if you will be in attendance, please make sure to come speak to me then. I will be leaving immediately afterwards in order to make it back to Gainesville in time to celebrate my girlfriend’s birthday. Also, if you are down in South Florida next week, you might want to check out the 2010 Make-A-Wish Ultimate Sports Extravaganza & Auction. I promised I would have a juicy post first thing Thursday morning – I hope I delivered with the Ed Davis story. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- I really don’t think that Scott Boras represents Freddy Krueger or the shark in Jaws [Know Thy Enemy: Scott Boras].
- Forces a few agents to come to Indy early and creates a divide between agents who were invited and those on the outside [Union will brief agents on CBA progress February 24].
- It’s officially front office season [Upcoming Front Office Decisions].
- How does this hurt/help the UFL’s expansion plans? [The Arena Football League is back]
- Another one goes to Rosenhaus [Vickerson changes agents].
- Arn Tellem’s best post to date, where he says, The awful truth: NBA players would be in a stronger position without a union [Stern und Drang].
- Jeff Rubin could not have been pleased with the $10,000 bill [Tiger Woods Former Mistress Michelle Braun Runs Up Hotel Tab For Sports Agent In Miami].
- Lowell Taub answers Rovell’s questions as you would expect a smart agent to answer them [One-on-One With Bode Miller’s Agent].