It’s time for the NFL Combine. I will be watching the festivities from the comfort of my couch in Florida. I have no reason to be there, so why travel to a place even colder than Gainesville? It is currently in the low 30s here. Spring Training games are about to start, and I cannot wait to see my clients in action. I will be making my rounds in Florida, while Bryan Swalley will head to Arizona at the end of March to visit all of our guys on the West Coast. We have recently been approached by a lot of Major League Spring Training talent who are quite interested in Dynasty. I love how quickly the Dynasty brand is spreading in a positive light, and I thank each and every one of you who are ambassadors for our company. Jason Belmonte got 2nd place in a tournament last week and hopes to do some more damage in the U.S. Open tournament this week. That’s my Aussie! Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- If Keels negotiated the deal, he deserves his entire fee [Larry Johnson, Alvin Keels dispute raises new question regarding agent fees].
- With Keels, leaves Keels, back to Keels [Agent change could mean Bodden wants to stay in New England].
- A rare pro-Scott Boras piece [Are Scott Boras and Money Ruining Baseball?].
- And I think the 1-year, $8 million deal this late was a great deal for Boras and Damon [Klapisch: Johnny Damon, Scott Boras really blew this one].
- I have full confidence that Michael Weiner will represent the players to the best of his abilities [As head of baseball players’ union, Michael Weiner seen as departure from Don Fehr].
- Love the Arn Tellem piece, except I am not sure that the comparison to investment bankers works well [They Earn It].
- Amy Stanton represents female athletes, including Gretchen Bleiler [Women at Work].
- The former relief pitcher, Darek Braunecker, is included [UALR Athletics To Induct Three Into Hall of Fame On Saturday].
- Athlete, agent, ambassador of action sports [PRO FILE: CIRCE WALLACE].