It sure is nice to be back in South Florida for a semi-extended period of time. I will be down here until March 14, when I start the last month of my life as a college student. Law school is so close to being over, but even after I graduate, I will never stop learning. I am so hungry to learn, not only in the area of sports, but in all facets of life. In fact, I would love to not only learn, but also teach. I have been speaking at my different institutions of higher education over the past few months, and it has left me a desire to teach along with continue to build my agency. Know of any good openings for me? Anyway, now that I have a short break, I will be able to travel the state and see a lot of my guys in Spring Training. This will be a big year for a lot of the guys in Dynasty’s Baseball Division, and we cannot wait for their seasons to get started. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- NCAA ban aside, football coaches may want to think twice before selecting Dez Bryant [Bryant comes with a caveat emptor tag].
- Mike Ornstein vs. Bill Henkel [Wilson: Marketing reps confirm altercation at combine].
- Yes, the NFL has to follow state laws when they are applicable [The Star Caps Saga Continues].
- Please read what Head Coach Marvin Lewis had to say about the NFL Combine [Inconsistent Measureables].
- Some will over spend, some will go the cheap route, others will pretend there is still a cap [NFL free agency begins Friday without cap].
- Never seen Garrett Broshuis pitch, but I am sad to see him leave the game [Suitcase Chronicles: Not Crash Davis].
- Some love for Arn Tellem as a baseball agent [Hideki Matsui in Anaheim: “Man, I feel comfortable here”].
- So now that Major League Soccer and its players’ association is not bound by a collective bargaining agreement… [McCarthy’s Musings: The Friday Five Explains The Demise Of The MLS CBA].