Anyone here getting an iPad tomorrow? I’d love to hear what you think of the device if you are an early purchaser. I never tied my hands to Apple in any of their products. Major League Baseball’s regular season is only a couple of days away. We still have one player in big league camp, with all of our other guys already knowing where they will be starting their seasons. I just got finished listening to Michael McDermott (John Travolta’s attorney) talk about his career to date and some interesting stories about representing Mr. Travolta. Extremely interesting. I also just found out that I will be published in the Gaming Law Review and Economics, which is very exciting news. My paper is titled, The Plight of PASPA: It’s Time to Pull the Plug on the Prohibition. PASPA stands for Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (of 1992). I actually just read an article the other day that was very interesting to me, especially after writing the paper (click here to read). Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Supposedly with a term that is longer than 7 years [LeBron James Signs New Deal With Nike].
- Interesting read on a player who is already being named this coming year’s NL Rookie of the Year [Stealth scouting helped Braves land Heyward].
- While Major League salaries are at all time high, Minor Leaguers are still struggling to get by. A must read for baseball aficionados [Playing For Peanuts].
- You need to know the current state of Taiwanese baseball before sending your clients to play there [CPBL Tries To Clean Up Its Act].
- 6-years, $48 million for the linebacker. $21.75 million guaranteed [Sources: Ryans, Texans agree to deal].
- You think agents are ruthless and unethical now? [Agents: a player’s not-so-fond memoir]
- Players may actually lose money on the days they play in Tennessee? [Taxing professional athletes]