The Giving Back Fund is a national nonprofit organization that was established in 1997 to provide professional philanthropic management, consulting, and mentoring to athletes, entertainers and others. The organization will be holding its annual Summit in at the Omni Hotel & Resorts in San Diego, CA on April 21st and 22nd, featuring presentations and panels on the use of technology and social media in philanthropy, how to successfully host a fundraising event, a Q&A session, and a presentation by former sports agent, Jeff Moorad.
- KURT ASCHERMANN, President, Charity Partners Foundation. In 2006, Aschermann packaged and helped produce Denzel Washington’s first book A Hand to Guide Me, which has raised close to $1 million for Boys and Girls Club of America.
- CLAUDIA CAPLAN, As Chief Marketing Officer at Mendelsohn Zien Advertising, Claudia led the new business efforts and worked on strategy for clients. Carls, Jr. CEO Andy Puzder was quoted as saying, “The chain’s turnaround is attributable in large part to a marketing strategy engineered by the Los Angeles advertising agency, Mendelsohn Zien.”
- CAROL CONE, Chairman and Founder, Cone, Inc. Carol is a pioneer in cause-branding. Her signature cause programs have raised more than $1.2 billion for various social causes.
- SHARON GELMAN, Executive Director, Artists for a New South Africa. Founded in 1989 by Alfre Woodard, Danny Glover, Mary Steenburgen, and other members of the creative community, ANSA works in the US and South Africa to combat HIV/AIDS. ANSA has raised and granted more than $9 million with the help of their supporters who include Samuel L. Jackson and Carlos Santana.
- STACIE MANN, Vice President of Partnerships, Network for Good. Stacie is responsible for the website Six Degrees, which features and was started by Kevin Bacon. The site brings a social conscience to social networking.
- DAN MIGALA, Vice President of Partnership Solutions, San Diego Padres. Dan was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame for a sponsorship program he conceived and implemented.
- JEFFREY MOORAD, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, San Diego Padres. One of the most recognizable names in professional sports, Jeff Moorad brings more than 25 years of sports industry experience to San Diego and the Padres. Moorad was involved in more than $3 billion in athlete contracts, including representing Pro Football Hall of Famers Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon and Thurman Thomas. Moorad was the negotiator on a number of landmark contracts for a baseball client base that included Manny Ramirez, Eric Karros, Ivan Rodriguez, Mo Vaughn, Shawn Green and Raul Mondesi.
- JAISON MORGAN, Founder, Common Pool. Jaison is an expert on incentive driven models. While Senior Director of Prize Development at the X PRIZE Foundation, Jason built a pipeline of over $300 million in philanthropic competitions.
- KIM NOVICK, Development Director, Tony Hawk Foundation. Over the past seven years, Kim has put the Tony Hawk Foundation on the charitable map, raising funds through corporate sponsorship, private donations, special events, and foundation grants.
Attendees must confirm pre-existing athlete and celebrity associations before attending. The Giving Back Fund reserves the right to refuse admission to the Summit.
Registration (click here):
- General Registration – $499
- Group Registration (two or more) – $449
For questions please call The Giving Back Fund at 310.649.5222