Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (4/9/2010)
Tomorrow, I will be headed to Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida to speak at their third annual Student Conference, which allows Sport Management students the opportunity to expand their educational and practical experiences through the perspective of professionals who have working knowledge of the sport industry. If you are in the area, stop by! I’m excited to explore St. Augustine a bit and hopefully soak up some sun (if the weather remains nice). My last Final Exam is April 29. I can’t believe that is how close I am to being done with law school. Then comes graduation on May 14. A couple of days after that, I will begin studying for the Florida Bar Exam. Dynasty had many of its baseball clients begin play yesterday. Be sure to follow their seasons on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Definitely a smart business move by Nike [Nike signs Tim Tebow].
- Fletcher Smith had determined that Washington was the best place for McNabb [McNabb’s agent: Trade to Redskins “was the desired outcome”].
- Hoping this continues a shift in scouts ethically recruiting Dominican players [White Sox hire Krause as consultant].
- NY to Milwaukee – “stop whining” [Levine calls out Brewers owner].
- Lock up their ace for a max of $42.5 million [Gallardo, Brewers agree to contract].
- An agent friend agrees with my re-branding statement [What’s in a Name?].
- Investigation is far along but not yet complete [Players union might file grievance against owners].
- A potential future movie about Paul Millsap and his uncle/agent DeAngelo Simmons [Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap may soon be at the movies].