Johnny Lujan promoted to Triple-A, Carl Krauser helping his team in New Zealand knock off a formerly undefeated team, and my last class as a law school student. It has been an exciting week. That said, I need to now buckle down and study for my two law school exams (Cyberspace Law followed by Trade Secrets law). The NFL Draft coverage does not make my study efforts very productive. Thanks to Russell Scibetti for nominating SportsAgentBlog.com as the Best Sports Business Blog and Dynasty Athlete Representation for having the Best Sports Business Content. Just being nominated amongst the rest of businesses and blogs is an honor. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- My MUST READ for the week [NBA Labor Negotiations Breakdown].
- I really liked that I saw out of this kid in the NCAA Tournament [BYU basketball: By not hiring agent, guard remains eligible for return to Cougars.].
- Brian Urlacher sure has nice things to say about him [Franklin-based sports agent Bill Johnson enjoys all phases of profession].
- Strong interest in preventing an “international draft” [Dominican Prospects Protest Reform].
- It is becoming quite popular for teams to sign young pitchers to long deals [Data On Locking Up Young Pitchers].
- The guys who will finally be making their agents some real money [First Time Arbitration-Eligibles].
- The CEO of Athlete Resource Management (ARM) [Rote Jr. elected to US Soccer Hall of Fame].
- Conglomerate discussion may soon have a newcomer in Lagardère [Saddlebrook may partner with French firm Lagardère].