To all the ladies who love themselves some SportsAgentBlog.com, Happy Mothers Day this Sunday! I am down in South Florida and loving every second of being down here. This month, I will have my article titled, The Plight of PASPA: It’s Time to Pull the Plug on the Prohibition, published in the Gaming Law Review and Economics. It is interesting timing for the article to be published, considering that the U.S. Supreme Court very recently denied Delaware’s writ of certiorari petition to have the Court look at a matter that would allow Delaware to expand its sports betting offerings beyond the NFL and beyond 3+ game parlays concerning that sport. I take a look at the Delaware situation in my article. The MLB Draft is only a month away! Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Creating suspicion and mistrust in an area where it doesn’t exist? [Retired players launch misguided attack on agents]
- Trying to clear up a drug policy issue [The Next Step in the StarCaps Saga: Federal Legislation?].
- A lot of factors go into a team’s decision on whether to risk bringing up a player early and possibly make him a Super-Two [Timing is everything for Super Twos].
- The law will hopefully be struck down by the start of Arizona Rookie League play [The Potential Impact of Arizona SB 1070 on Professional Baseball Players].
- The deal has the agents of the top soon-to-be free agent 1Bs salivating [Agents, execs discuss impact of Howard deal on rest of the market].
- However, that deal may not bode well for Jayson Werth’s plans to stay in Philadelphia [Report: Talks Between Phillies, Jayson Werth Not Progressing].
- Greg Nared hired to help Washington women’s basketball program [Michelle Wie's former agent hired as UW hoop assistant].