When: November 17-19, 2010
Where: Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, South Carolina (map)
Description: Hosted by the University of South Carolina and the trade publication Venues Today, SEVT is the a conference where professionals meet students and professors to discuss the future of this industry.
SEVT invites nominations for the 2010 Academic Achievement in Sport and Entertainment Award. This award recognizes a scholar whose research and/or teaching has made a significant positive impact in the fields of sport, entertainment, or venue management. This recipient’s analysis of trends and industry research has led to meaningful dialogue between academicians and industry professionals. Please note: nomination deadline is August 1, 2010. Last year’s award recipient was Dr. David Stotlar, University of Northern Colorado. Click here for the nomination form.
There is also a call for papers. The submission deadline is July 5, 2010 (11:59 PM EDT).
Speakers (more will be added as the event approaches):
- Aldo Giampaolo, Executive Producer, Cirque du Soleil
- Barry Kahn, Chief Executive Officer, Qcue
- Alf LaMont, Director of Marketing and Development, The Comedy Store
- Larry Martin, Vice President of Operations, ScoreBig, Inc.
- Mike McGee, Executive Vice President, North American Business Operations, Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc.
- Derek Palmer, Chief Commercial Officer, Tickets.com
- Dr. Karen Patten, Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina Department of Technology Support and Training Management
- Bill Powell, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Southern Region, Feld Entertainment, Inc.
- Ike Richman, Vice President Public Relations, Comcast-Spectacor
- Kim Shiver, Vice President of Marketing, Live Nation Southeast
- Russ Simons, Senior Principal, Populous
- J.L. “Lynn” Singleton, President, Providence Performing Arts Center
- Jared Smith, Executive Vice President, Field Business Operations, Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc.
Cost (click here to register):
- If register by October 20 – Industry ($395), Academic ($275), Student ($200), USC SPTE Alumni ($200).
- If register after October 20 – Industry ($445), Academic ($325), Student ($250), USC SPTE Alumni ($250).
- Faculty who register 10 or more students for the full conference will receive a complimentary full conference registration.
- Listed prices above is for full conference. If attending for a single day or for special events, there are cheaper options.