Busy week with the MLB Draft. Had some clients we were advising get drafted and some surprisingly go undrafted. One thing is always certain about the MLB Draft – there is a lot of uncertainty going into it. I know a lot of you want to know the names of the guys that Dynasty has been advising. While I am generally very open on this site, I will only report names of college seniors (no more eligibility) and players we are advising as they sign. The only college senior we have been advising is Ryan Kiel, a left-handed pitcher out of Marshall University. He was drafted in the 37th round by the Seattle Mariners, has already signed, and is reporting to the Mariners Pulaski affiliate. For more information about Kiel, click here. We also had players (JuCo and HS) selected in the 22nd and 42nd rounds. Overall, we are happy with how the draft turned out, and really look forward to next year’s draft. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- “Once, during his [Rick Rickert’s] first season of professional basketball in Europe, fans of a team in Belgrade, Serbia, chucked darts at his head”…what?!?! [GLOBETROTTIN’: It can still have its quirks, but playing pro basketball abroad is no longer considered a last resort.]
- So much for taking that memo seriously [UConn memo dealt with Nochimson].
- Not surprised that he cares so much about character [Ask the Expert: NFL Agent Mark Slough].
- Yeah, about representing yourself in major contractual negotiations.. [Self-representation backfires on Johnson].
- “Of the 65 players who took part in the Broadcast Boot Camp from 2007-2009, 28 have already earned broadcasting jobs” [NFL offers fourth annual “Broadcast Boot Camp”].
- I’m upset that I’m not in this tournament!…then again, I’m not from Dallas [Sports Agent Trennis Jones Doesn’t Want to Let Down Mom in Words With Friends Tournament].
- Some notable athletes on this list [LEEINKS LIST: ATHLETES WITHOUT AGENTS].
- Hating on Rosenhaus for his initial interest rate [Sports Agent Rosenhaus Scores Mortgage].