Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (6/18/2010)
Really slow sports news week. When vuvuzelas and Miami-Wade County seem to be two of the hottest speaking topics, you know there is not much to talk about. For those in the baseball agency world, there is a rather large showcase currently taking place in Tampa, Florida. The Perfect Game National Showcase has many players performing who will undoubtedly be top picks in next year’s MLB Rule 4 Draft. And the Junior National Showcase just wrapped up, which had many 2012 eligible players competing for attention. I was very excited to hear that one of my clients (Clint Robinson) was selected to be a Texas League All-Star. Remember his name, because it won’t be long until you want him on your fantasy baseball team. Short-season games are about to begin, and quite a few Dynasty clients will get in their first recorded swings and pitches of the season. Honored to be a part of UF LAW’s semi-annual publication in the section – A Talent for Entertainment. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Not much love for the Grizz [Draftees playing favorites before NBA draft].
- Lots of “Calhoun” mentions in the NCAA report [Calhoun can’t make this mess disappear].
- Strong words from Chad Speck [Haynesworth won’t attend minicamp].
- Lots of quotes from Drew Rosenhaus [Collusion or otherwise, players aren’t happy].
- On to the next one… [Trent Williams fires Eugene Parker].
- Harper has nothing but good things to say about Boras Corp. [Bryce Harper’s JUCO coach: He proved a lot of people wrong].