Yesterday, I took my first simulated Multi-State Bar Examination. Talk about a draining experience! Imagine sitting down for 7 hours, only one of those hours aside as a lunch break, and hammering away at 200 difficult multiple choice problems. Yeah, I’m not really looking forward to 2 days of that in roughly a month from now, but at least I got what is necessary to pass, and I still have a month to study. Getting a lot of emails from teams overseas looking for talented basketball players at every position. It’s that time of the year. Last night was the NBA Draft. Who were your winners and losers? Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Scott Boras makes the list, but Tom Van Riper spells his name wrong [The Most Disliked People In Sports].
- A few deals will be made between 11:50-11:59 p.m. on August 16 [The Deadline For Signing Draft Picks].
- Agent for Maurice Jones-Drew and Matt Forte, amongst others [Q&A with Sports Agent, Delaware State Alumnus Adisa Bakari].
- Falk has faith in Ted Leonsis [Agent David Falk jabs the late Abe Pollin to prove feud with Wizards is now over].
- My must read of the week [William Wesley in the spotlight].
- Making a case for agents to tell some players to wait on signing a deal [Chinese Brands, Less Money Make Shoe Game More Complex].
- What do you think IMG is taking percentage-wise on Tiger’s deals? [Tiger’s Lost Endorsements Cost IMG $4.6 Million Last Year].
- Listen to my friend Rand Getlin speak candidly about colleges [not] making efforts to comply with NCAA rules [How Much Money Will NCAA Sanctions Cost USC and Could They Have Been Prevented?].