After what seemed like the slowest sports news week of the year, this week has been full of stories – mostly revolving around LeBron James. I’m a little hungover from the excitement of Wade, Bosh, and James in the city that I will most likely be returning to in less than a month. Not guaranteeing a championship, but it sure feels good to have a very competitive team down in MIA, and I hear that former Florida Gator, Mike Miller, is likely to join the group. Let’s switch over to baseball for a second. Absolutely no one in Double-A is hotter than Dynasty client, Clint Robinson. After being named Player of the Month of June in the Texas League, he has gone on to put up a 1.365 on base plus slugging percentage in July. He has 3 homeruns in his past 4 games. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- He also doesn’t like what the term “sports agent” implies and he wants to be more of a life-coach [Penn State’s Chafie Fields: It’s a Happy Valley for Player Turned Agent].
- Chris Duhon earning a larger base salary in 2010 than Tom Brady [In light of mega NBA deals, please don’t say football players make too much money].
- For the ladies [The women of the NFL].
- Getting the fluff out of the way [D’Brickashaw’s real deal? One year, $5.3225 million].
- I always have to recognize young agents who are out there hustling [Eitan the Intern blog entry 3: Ask an Agent].
- A state’s income tax can be a very important factor for large contracts [LeBron Can Make More With Heat Than Cavs].
- I would like to see a copy of the contract, as well [Competitive Eating and Uncompetitive Contracts].
- Makes you want to go to law school, no? [Theo Epstein, Juris Doctorate, Best GM in Baseball]