Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (7/16/2010)
I am smack in the middle of my last full-length Florida Bar Practice Exam. Today, the focus is Day 2 of the exam – the Multistate Portion, which is a whopping 6 hours of 200 multiple choice questions. Envy me yet? I know I have been bitching a lot about this test; hopefully I haven’t totally pissed you off yet. The overseas basketball market is starting to fire up a bit. Fielded a few inquiries for my players over the past two weeks. Much more will be coming soon. Created a new partnership with another company that will benefit Belmo. May be making some additions to our baseball division soon as well. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- He also built his practice while in law school [Kirschenbaum has right pitch to be successful sports agent].
- The Yankees All-Stars make more than the entire NL starting lineup [And Here Are Your 2010 All Star Game Payrolls].
- A good account from Tom Reich [Agent Recalls Negotiating With “The Boss”].
- A better agent than he was a football player [Former NFL lineman Tom Condon is a Pro Bowl agent].
- The team will become the UFL’s 6th team in 2011 [UFL makes it official in Norfolk].
- Involved in a new tech play [Uber-agent David Falk gets into the sports game from a different angle].
- What recourse if Hornets revoked offer before Head accepted? And if accepted, could have been conditioned on passing physical.. [Chicago-based sports agent Mark Bartelstein disagrees with New Orleans Hornets’ decision to withdraw contract offer to Luther Head].
- The Get Personal section is what athlete marketing agents like to read [Gooooaaaal! Marketing Lessons After The Hype].