Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (8/6/2010)
It’s about time we give a big old SHALOM to Amar’e Stoudemire. The man is enjoying his time in Israel and really embracing the culture, after finding out that his mother is Jewish. Shabbat at my apartment next time you are down in South Florida. Check out the video at the end of this post to see Amar’e in an interview with Israeli media. One thing Amar’e – it’s Omri, not Omar Casspi. I am heading to Las Vegas on Monday and will be out there until late Thursday night. If you are in Vegas and want to meet up, reach out to me. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Big power move for Wasserman [Brody leaving MLB to head sales at WMG].
- The Dominican Republic has an education problem, a cheating/PED problem, and many other issues to deal with…but at least some teams are enhancing their D.R. facilities [Struck Out by Béisbol].
- Perhaps an unfair advantage for LRMR [LeBron James’ basketball camps push the line in regard to recruiting amateurs for sports agency].
- At least now we know that William Wesley carries a BlackBerry [Agency Role Could Limit Basketball Broker’s Power].
- Athletes, wake up! Learn how to use social networking sites to your benefit not your detriment [“ALCOHOL ON US” – 20-Year-Old Cashmere Wright].
- Paul Doyle is a track & field agent [Marietta sports agent, wife walk away from plane crash].
- Drew Rosenhaus owns Southwest Florida [Agent knows the area well].
- This is really what makes Arn Tellem one of the best in the biz [Nomar, Mia visit Seeds of Peace: ‘You see the joy’].