I am up in New York for the weekend, staying in Scarsdale, but I will be in the City all day today. A lot of business meetings scheduled. Saturday will be a true day of rest, as I celebrate a friend’s birthday. Can’t beat the fact that one of my clients will be at the birthday party. I love the fact that the Kansas City Royals organization is finally using my client, Clint Robinson in left-field. If he masters the position, it will just be a matter of time before you hear him being promoted. I am gradually finishing up my apartment in Fort Lauderdale. It is looking fantastic so far. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- A lot of research out there to help agents build value for their players [Hot Topics from the SABR Convention].
- Expect a settlement [Few Precedents for Mets’ Attempt to Rework Rodriguez’s Contract].
- An agent just might stick out more hanging around a school like Oregon State [Oregon State’s Mike Riley on sports agents hanging around campus, and the prospect of Jacquizz Rodgers leaving early for NFL draft].
- No love for some of the coaches calling out agents [Florida, Alabama grandstanding?].
- Not happening, but Yee’s corporate structure idea is at least interesting to read about [A case for privatizing college football].
- Of course I love reading something like this [Basketball’s Youngest Player Agent].
- The NCAA’s new president would like the NBA to implement a draft process similar to MLB’s [New NCAA chief: Draft rules on agenda].
- “Can’t Touch This” still goes down as my favorite song of all time [Rapper Throws Hat in Ring as Sports Manager].